Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rock Band 2...Oh how nothing has really changed? or did it??



Sorry for the late review...But I waited till October 20th to grab the PS3 copy of Rockband 2. So I already played it and I really haven't found any change at all. Except around all the original songs. What else does it include that actually makes it different?? The gameplay is the same. The graphics are a little better but still not a big change. The characte moidification were upped a some too. But no big changes. So why is this game worth buying? Its very simple...you enjoyed Rockband one. For around 60 bucks you get around 84 new songs that were not on the first game. So you think about it instead of buying songs for a dollar a piece your getting 84 and a new game with less glitches for 60 bucks. Which actually ins't a bad deal. I was just really interested in playing "Gettin Down with the Sickness" by Disturbed and "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park. So if you don't download songs for your rockband, my advice would to skip out on Rockband 2.

But suposebly by the Holiday season there should be around 500 song downloads. When I started my Rockband 2 game all my downloaded songs were already in the game? So I'm still trying to find out that 5$ fee. Plus instead of actually playing the game to unlock songs, I can use a cheat code and unlock all songs. So after 1 day of playing. I beat the game. Now I'm not saying cheat codes are bad. But now there is no point to even try to play this game if you have code that unlocks everything. Its cool that you can put your previous song downloads into the game. But if they did not the game still has a good music library. They have alot of songs that when you look at the title of the song you have no idea what song it is. But then you actually listen to it and there all these songs that you have heard playing other video games or from everywhere else. I can name 3 or 4 songs off the top of my head that I didn't know the title or the artist but I knew the song.

Now because this is a sequel, this game isn't going to reviewed the same. The original Rockband was amazing. But Rockband 2 is the same thing. Why should Rockband 2 get a rating that I would give Rockband 1. To let you know the original Rockband would get 4X points out of 5. This game would get 2.5X points out of 5 because it might be a great game to play and there might be a huge library. But nothing has changed. Look at the new Guitar Hero: World Tour. The previous Guitar Hero's might have not been as different than there predacessors but they completly changed for the new Guitar Hero: World Tour. So if you a Rockband fan go pick up the sequel for some new songs and some better graphics. Other than that you might as well just stick to the first Rockband if you save want to save some cash.

-T

No comments: