Friday, April 24, 2009

RESIDENT EVIL 5: Where the F*** is LEON?!?!?

The return of Chris Redfield is finally upon us. When I say return I mean he couldn’t have been more of kicking zombies upside the head and splattering them to smithereens. But they’re actually humans that are infected humans by a disease called Uroboros. I feel like every “zombie” game I play is based on infections not just dead people coming back from the grave like in Michael Jackson’s Thriller video. You start off in Africa where you are sent in too rid the African villages of these weird cannibalistic murders. You go down there and of course you run into a new friend (and a good looking one if you don’t mind me saying) Sheva Alomar. She can really run some zombies for a good show. Now the storyline is very compelling and you gotta pay real close attention to the whole game to actually realize what is going on. Also if you have never played a Resident Evil game and you plan on starting to play this one, stop reading and beat yourself up because this game is for Resident Evil fans. Not Milla Jovavich fans!

What this game offers that brings much fun to our gamer tables is the Co-Operative action. You and one friend can team up and run around together to save the world. But luckily for one person they get to play as the punishing Chris Redfield. Well your other friend plays as the girl. Sorry Quaishon, but you will never be Chris! But back to the review at hand. The weapons are cool and the upgrade system is pretty sweet. I mean I had 50 bullets in my pistol clip once. Okay that’s cool but outrageously not realistic. The cut scenes are amazing so that makes the graphics also done very well. But to every up there has to be a down. When you aim, you cannot move, you just have to stop pull out your gun and shoot. That of course is the safest way to fight off seven infected dudes with machetes. But for some reason the closer they get the slower they walk. That doesn’t make sense to me, because if I want to chew on somebody’s sweet blood juices I would run as fast as I can. So it didn’t make sense but it did work if you had to stop every single time.


Also some creatures were completely ridiculous. The first half of the game is just humans who are infected with random weapons like blades and the occasional chainsaw. But when I am far into the game I came across for as I can say as part zombie and praying mantis. WTF? Is this creature and why am I fighting a giant bug? Other than the few other problems the last issue was the lack of characters. No Claire, Leon, Carlos, Ada and more. But for a game that they worked on for many years, this came out to be a great game. Definitely worth playing if you’re a fan of the series. I can see this game winning some awards later on in the year because it is that good. For a few minor problems but it was a solid game that is very enjoyable. So for my final rating for Resident Evil is 4.5X Points out of 5.

-T

No comments: